American Airlines, one of the largest airlines on the planet, recently gave a leadership award to Hamas leader Mohamed El Sharkawy, who is in charge of American’s Line Maintenance Training at their Phoenix, Arizona hub.
The September edition of American Airlines’ magazine – American Way – revealed Mohamed El Sharkawy received the 2015 Earl G. Graves Award for Leadership in Diversity and Inclusion “for (his) work in making a lasting impression in the workplace.”
The award was given to Sharkawy at the end of June, but was published in American Airlines’ American Way in September.
Mohamed El Sharkawy was previously the Director for Hamas in Arizona, doing business as the Council on American Islamic Relations or CAIR. Evidence, some of which is listed below, reveals CAIR was created by the US Muslim Brotherhood’s Palestine Committee (Hamas) in 1994 to be a node for Hamas in America to provide the Hamas cause with “media, money, men, and all that” meaning propaganda, fundraising, recruits, and all else that comes with waging jihad.
Hamas is a designated Foreign Terrorist Organization (FTO).
Is this the kind of individual who should have access to sensitive areas of Phoenix Airport or American Airlines?
American Airlines Public Affairs Office refused to comment on El Sharkawy’s employment, but encouraged UTT (Understanding the Threat) to contact the FBI if threat information exists.
El Sharkawy is also serves as the Chairman of the Arizona Muslim Police Advisory Board.
A massive amount of evidence collected over the past 20 years exists revealing CAIR is a Hamas organization. Here are a few highlights:
- CAIR was incorporated in 1994 by Nihad Awad, Omar Ahmad, and Rafeeq Jaber, all of whom were leaders of the Islamic Association of Palestine (IAP), a now-defunct Hamas organization in the U.S. Musa Abu Marzook, the Deputy Political Chief for Hamas and the Leader of Hamas in the United States (Chairman of the U.S. Palestine Committee), was a member of the IAP Board of Directors.
- In the largest terrorism financing and Hamas trial ever successfully prosecuted in American history – US v Holy Land Foundation (HLF), Dallas 2008 – U.S. government prosecutors and the Department of Justice identify CAIR as a member of the U.S. Muslim Brotherhood’s Palestine Committee, which is Hamas in the United States, and an unindicted co-conspirator in the case.
- CAIR was founded, in part, with money from the Holy Land Foundation (HLF), a convicted Hamas organization.
- CAIR Founder Omar Ahmad aka Omar Yehya was on the Executive Committee for the U.S. Palestine Committee (Hamas), and is the Chairman Emeritus of CAIR.
- In 1993, the leaders of the U.S. Palestine Committee (Hamas) met in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. The meeting was covered by the FBI via physical surveillance, microphones in meeting rooms, wiretaps on phones, etc. The FBI stated this was a “Meeting among senior leaders of Hamas, the HLFRD, and the IAP.” (Action Memo from FBI Counterterrorism Assistant Director Dale Watson). “All attendees of this meeting are Hamas members.” (FBI analysis of Philadelphia meeting entered into evidence at HLF trial). Nihad Awad and Omar Ahmad – founders of CAIR – were present at this meeting.
- The Palestine Committee Meeting in 1994 lists CAIR as the 4th organization operating under it (Hamas). This document was entered into evidence at the US v HLF trial.
- In the December 2007 government filing in the US v Sabri Benkhala appeal, the government stated: “From its founding by the Muslim Brotherhood leaders, CAIR conspired with other affiliates of the Muslim Brotherhood to support terrorists.”
- In a 2004 FBI raid at the Annandale, Virginia residence of Ismail Elbarasse, a senior Hamas and Muslim Brotherhood leader, the archives of the U.S. MB were discovered. One of the documents found listed the leaders of the U.S. Palestine Committee (Hamas). On the list were the names of CAIR founders Nihad Awad and Omar Ahmad (alias Omar Yeheya).
- In the government filing requesting CAIR’s motion to have its name removed from the Unindicted Co-Conspirator list in the HLF case, U.S. prosecutors stated, “The U.S. Muslim Brotherhood created the U.S. Palestine Committee, which documents reflect was initially comprised of three organizations: the OLF (HLF), the IAP, and the UASR. CAIR was later added to these organizations…the mandate of these organizations, per the International Muslim Brotherhood, was to support Hamas.”
- The Federal Judge in this case, Jorge Solis, stated: “The Government has produced ample evidence to establish the associations of CAIR, ISNA, and NAIT with the HLF, the Islamic Association of Palestine (“IAP”), and with Hamas.”
- FBI Assistant Director Steve Pomeranz stated: “By masquerading as a mainstream public affairs organization, CAIR has taken the lead in trying to mislead the public about the terrorist underpinnings of militant Islamic movements, in particular, Hamas.”
- In a 2003 Senate Sub-Committee hearing on radical Islam, Senator Charles Schumer (NY) stated, “To make matters worse, the prominent members of the Council’s (CAIR’s) current leadership who you Mr. Chairman invited to the hearings today, they declined to testify, also have intimate connections with Hamas.”
- In a letter dated February 12, 2010 to U.S. Congresswoman Sue Myrick (NC) from Assistant U.S. Attorney General Ronald Weich, Mr. Weich wrote “Enclosed (is) evidence that was introduced in that trial (US v HLF) which demonstrated the relationship among CAIR, individual CAIR founders, and the Palestine Committee. Evidence was also introduced that demonstrated a relationship between the Palestine Committee and Hamas.”
- In June 2009, on the floor of the U.S. House of Representatives, Congressman Frank Wolf (VA) gave a lengthy speech in which he laid out a great deal of the evidence against CAIR and its ties to Hamas. The transcript of this speech can be found at: http:// wolf.house.gov/media-center/press-releases/wolf-gives-major-floor-speech-on-fbis- cooperation-with-cair
- In a letter dated April 28, 2009 from the FBI’s Assistant Director, Office of Congressional Affairs, to U.S. Senator John Kyl (AZ), the FBI leader details why the FBI cut off all formal ties to CAIR and identifies it as an unindicted co-conspirator in the HLF trial because of its relationship with Hamas.
This information constitutes a small amount of the massive evidence that CAIR operates as a Hamas entity in the United States. Hamas is a designated terrorist organization. Their leaders should be in jail, and should certainly not have access to our airlines, airports, or infrastructure.
UTT encourages citizens who fly on American Airlines to contact them and ask why they employ a terrorist.
American Airlines Press/Media Office:
817-967-1577 (8:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. CST, Monday-Friday)
817-931-1348 (after-hours duty manager)