by John D. Guandolo
On nearly every major college and university campus in America, including at “christian” colleges, jihadis have planted dangerous outposts to recruit jihadis, perpetuate hostile information operations, and grow the jihadi Movement.
These “outposts” are called Muslim Students Associations or MSA’s.
There well over 900 MSA chapters in the United States, including on high school campuses.
- The Muslim Students Association (MSA) was founded by the Muslim Brotherhood whose objectives are the same as ISIS and Al Qaeda.
- The designated Foreign Terrorist Organization HAMAS is an inherent part of the Muslim Brotherhood.
- Muslim Brotherhood leaders are directly tied to terrorism and designated terrorist organizations like Al Qaeda, Hamas, and others. See the Senate bill to designate the Muslim Brotherhood a Foreign Terrorist Organization HERE.
- Not surprisingly, many MSA leaders and officials are terrorists.
Founding the MSA
The Muslim Students Association (MSA) was founded by the most prominent and powerful Muslim Brotherhood leaders in America at the time – Jamal Barzini, Hisham al-Talib and Ahmed Totanji – on the campus of the University of Illinois (Urbana) in 1962.
- Jamal Barzinji is considered the “Godfather” of the U.S. Muslim Brotherhood because of his significant jihadi leadership over many decades. Barzinji founded many of the key Muslim Brotherhood jihadi organizations in America including the Dar al Hijra Islamic Center in Falls Church, Virginia, which is one of the most prolific terrorist mosques in North America. See UTT’s video on Dar al Hijra HERE.
- Hisham Al Talib was a co-founder of the SAAR Foundation, an organization dissolved in 2000 when it became the target of an FBI investigation for providing funding to the terrorist groups Hamas, Hezbollah, Palestinian Islamic Jihad and Al Qaeda.
FBI Raid at Home of Key Muslim Brotherhood/Hamas Operative
In August of 2004, the FBI raided the home of Ismail Elbarasse, who was a bagman for the terrorist group Hamas in the United States, and who worked directly for the leader of Hamas in America at the time Musa Abu Marzook.
The archives of the U.S. Muslim Brotherhood in America were discovered during this search.
Numerous Muslim Brotherhood historical documents, strategic and operational plans, lists of organizations and leaders, financial records, photographs, videos, audio recordings and much more were discovered.
Much of this was entered into evidence in the largest terrorism financing trial ever successfully prosecuted in U.S. history – US v Holy Land Foundation for Relief and Development (“HLF”), Northern District of Texas (Dallas), 2008.
History of the Muslim Brotherhood’s Jihad in America
One document in evidence is the transcript of a speech given by Zaid al Naman to a group of Muslim Brothers in Missouri in 1982.
Zaid al Naman was a Member of the Board of Directors for the U.S. Muslim Brotherhood.
The transcript comes from an audio recording of his speech in which Al Naman spends much of the talk discussing the history of the Muslim Brotherhood in America, including jihadi training in the United States, how to counter the CIA, FBI and others, and related issues.
Al Naman also reviewed the history of the Muslim Brotherhood’s ongoing takeover of America which began with the creation of the Muslim Students Association.
As a refresher, the stated objective of the Muslim Brotherhood is to wage jihad in order to impose “allah’s divine law”/sharia on every human on earth while overthrowing all un-Islamic governments to create a worldwide Islamic State or “Caliphate.”
Although much has been whitewashed from their current website, historical captures of MSA’s website reveals they openly admit the Islamic Society of North America (ISNA) was the second generation of the Muslim Brotherhood’s Movement in North America following the MSA. See that web capture HERE.
Evidence in the US v HLF trial reveals ISNA is a Muslim Brotherhood organization which directly funds the terrorist group Hamas.
MSA’s Leaders Are Terrorists/Jihadis
Many MSA leaders and members are overt terrorists. Here are just a few. Note that many of them are senior MSA leaders, which is not accidental since the MSA is a jihadi (“Terrorist”) organization.
- Abdurahman Alamoudi – MSA National President in 1982 and 1983. Alamoudi is a financier for Al Qaeda and a senior Muslim Brotherhood leader in North America who was sentenced to 23 years in federal prison in 2003.
- Wael Hamza Julaidan – MSA President at University of Arizona (1980’s). Co-Founder and Logistics Chief for Al Qaeda, and close associate of Osama bin Laden. In 2002, Julaidan was designated a Specially Designated Terrorist. He also served as the President of the Muslim Brotherhood’s Islamic Center of Tucson (hint for law enforcement in Arizona).
- Khalid Sheikh Mohammed – MSA Member at North Carolina A&T State University. Senior Al Qaeda leader and “Mastermind” of the 9/11/2001 attacks on the United States.
- Anwar Al-Awlaki – MSA President at Colorado State University MSA (1990’s) and Imam of the MSA at George Washington University in 2001. Awlaki was the leader of Al Qaeda in Yemen and the leading Al Qaeda jurist and recruiter in the United States.
- Ziyad Khaleel – MSA President at Columbia College in Missouri, and regularly lectured at the University of Missouri MSA. Khaleel was a chief procurement officer for Al Qaeda, and was a part of the Hamas organization Islamic Association of Palestine.
- Aafia Siddiqui – MSA Member at MIT, and authored a guide for muslims to obey sharia published by MSA National. Siddiqui is an Al Qaeda operative known. as “Lady Al Qaeda.” She was convicted of attempted murder of a U.S. Army officer, and was captured with explosives, deadly chemicals, and a list of New York City landmarks as possible Al Qaeda targets on her person.
- Abu Mansoor al-Amriki, aka Omar Hammami – MSA President at the University of South Alabama (2001 and 2002). Hammami was an American-born member of Al Shahaab, a Somali Islamic jihadi group aligned with Al Qaeda.
- Carlos Bledsoe, aka Abdulhakim Mujahid Muhammad – MSA Member at Tennessee State University. Bledsoe killed U.S. Army Private Andy Long and wounded Private Quinton Ezeagwula outside a Little Rock, Arkansas recruiting office on June 1, 2009. Bledsoe was trained at a jihadi training camp in Yemen prior to this attack.
- Huma Abedin – MSA Executive Board Member at George Washington University. Abedin’s immediate family worked inside Muslim Brotherhood organizations. Abedin served on the Board of Institute of Muslim Minority Affairs (IMMA) with Al Qaeda financier Abdullah Omar Naseef. Abedin has a close and long-time relationship with Hillary Clinton and would have likely been her Chief of Staff had Clinton been elected President.
- Tarek Mehanna – MSA official at the Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Science. Mehanna was convicted of Material Support for Terrorism (Al Qaeda), and was linked to the jihadi planner of the Mumbai attack in India conducted by the designated terrorist group Lashkar-e-Taiba.
- Ramy Zamzam – MSA D.C. Council President (Washington, D.C.). Zamzam and 4 others were arrested in Pakistan and charged with plotting to join the terrorist group Jaish-e-Muhammed for planning to attack American soldiers in Afghanistan. All 4 of Zamzam’s fellow jihadis were involved in the MSA.
- Ali Asad Chandia – MSA President at Montgomery County Community College (MD). Chandia was convicted in 2006 as part of the Northern Virginia jihad network, and was sentenced to 15 years in prison for charges including conspiracy and material support to the designated terrorist group Lashkar-e-Taiba.
- Ahmed Shama – MSA President at UCLA. In October 2000, Shama led a crowd of demonstrators at the Israeli consulate chanting “Death to Israel!” and “Death to the Jews!”
- Hassan Alrefae and Jaber Al-Thukair – MSA President & Vice President at Arizona State University. FBI raided the apartment of Alrefae and Al-Thukair because they led weapons training for MSA members for jihad (2003).
- Sami Omar Al-Hussayen – MSA President at the University of Idaho. Al-Hussayen operated numerous website for jihadis, specifically Islamic jurists calling for jihad, and was deported to Saudi Arabia in 2004.
- Syed Maaz Shah – MSA Secretary at the University of Texas – Dallas. Shah was convicted on weapons charges in 2007, as he was involved with other jihadis in paramilitary training in preparation for join the Taliban to fight U.S. troops in Afghanistan.
Despite the overwhelming evidence as to the founding, objectives, and true nature of the Muslim Students Association and its leaders, Federal, state, and local law enforcement have done nothing. University Presidents have done nothing.
Meanwhile, media outlets, like the Huffington Post, dutifully laud the MSA’s as great places of tolerance and diversity.
As usual, Patriots need to lawfully and aggressively take action in their local communities to shut these MSA’s down. Getting major donors to stop donating until the universities and colleges cut these jihadi cancers off campus is a good starting point.